The best bang-for-your-buck audio interface for home recording musicians who only need to record 1 or 2 audio sources at a time.
- Great preamps;
- Allows you to record in 24-bit resolution
- Very light on CPU resources
- Features direct monitoring
- Excellent value for money
- Powered through USB -could be problematic if your laptop only has one USB slot
- No MIDI input or outputs
- Not ideal for recording multiple vocals/instruments at the same time
More than a year ago, I was sitting in my studio (AKA my bedroom) working on a new song during a stormy night. Since it was raining too hard to go out, I decided to write some verses to a new instrumental that one of my friends produced over the weekend.